Re: [logs] syslog-ng performance

From: James Turnbull (james@private)
Date: Mon Mar 15 2004 - 21:26:35 PST

    Jian Zhen wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > Does ne1 have any performance info for syslog-ng? I would like to find
    > out how many log entries per second (e.g. 1k/sec, 2k/sec) it can
    > handle.

    Greatly depends on the speed of your CPU, amount of memory and speed of your
    disk(s).  On one site I gather information from 20 local systems/network
    devices onto a central log host using syslog-ng that writes approximately
    1,000-2,500 log entries per second.  This runs on a Pentium 2.4Ghz system
    with a 1Gb of RAM and 10Krpm SCSI disks.  I don't have any performance
    issues.

    Regards

    James Turnbull