RE: [logs] Products for log correlation

From: Chris Petersen (chris@security-conscious.com)
Date: Thu Apr 08 2004 - 10:27:16 PDT

    Yea, although MS does have its advantages.  We have toyed with the idea of
    porting the log management and message processing layer to Linux/MySQL which
    would be very cool and very cheap.  Some of the things we are doing at the
    event management/analysis layer would be a lot tougher without MS SQL or
    other full-blown RDBMS.  We are also relying on some of the new .NET
    capabilities in our client to achieve very fast analysis of large datasets,
    namely the ability to create in-memory RDBMS structures which is extremely
    powerful.  Sometimes you gotta take the good with the bad ;)

    Chris Petersen
    CTO, Security Conscious, Inc.
    chris@security-conscious.com
    www.logrhythym.com