Re: [logs] Session Tracking

From: John Sage (jsage@private)
Date: Sat Apr 17 2004 - 09:29:07 PDT

Allan:

On Thu, Apr 08, 2004 at 12:54:41PM -0400, Allan Liska wrote:
> Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2004 12:54:41 -0400 (EDT)
> From: Allan Liska <allan@private>
> To: loganalysis@private
> Subject: [logs] Session Tracking
>

> Can anyone on the list recommend tools for recreating TCP sessions.
> Rather than manually going through logs, or looking at individual
> packets I want to rebuild the session and examine the full packet
> flow (for example rebuilding an entire instant messaging
> conversation, versus a single comment).

Try tcpreplay:

http://tcpreplay.sourceforge.net/

"tcpreplay is a BSD-style licensed tool to replay saved tcpdump files
at arbitrary speeds. It provides a variety of features for replaying
traffic for both passive sniffer devices as well as inline devices
such as routers, firewalls, and the new class of inline IDS's."

HTH..

- John
--
10 print "Home"