[logs] Syslog

From: Greg Dotoli (gdotoli@private)
Date: Mon Jun 07 2004 - 06:04:31 PDT

    Does anyone know of a script that will check the syslog for any external
    connections on know malware ports?

    This will help to identify internal hosts that may be infected with
    certain viruses or malware. We have a Cisco PIX

    Sending it's info to a Linux syslog. I have a list of know malware ports
    and can run a for loop against each line in the

    Syslog file.  Is there a good site that keeps track of know malware
    ports for download?

    Please send me any resources you may know of regarding identification of
    Malware via Syslog searching.

    *	Gregg Dotoli
    *	NADAP
    *	(W)  (212)-986-1170 ext. 136