[logs] collecting remote windows logs

From: Jian Zhen (jlz@private)
Date: Mon Jul 26 2004 - 15:23:24 PDT

Hi everyone,

Was wondering if anyone has written anything to remotely collect windows
logs.

I wrote a couple perl scripts (ActivePerl), one using Win32::EventLog and
the other using Win32::OLE (WMI). Both of them work fine on the local
machine but I am having a bit of trouble getting it to work for remote
machines.

According to (search results from) Google, there's a Win32::OLD method called
"ConnectServer" in which one can use to connect to remote machines, but
I haven't been able to find any examples on using that with collecting
logs.

If you have any insight into this, I would love to chat with you.

Thanks in advance

Jian