RE: [logs] most popular reports...?

From: Bruce Platt (Bruce@private)
Date: Wed Aug 18 2004 - 12:42:14 PDT

You raise a good point.  Had I the time I'd do more of that.  I look at
Dshield on a regular basis as I can't do all of what I'd like to do.  Ken
Connolly's Intrusions posts are another good source.  On the other hand,
some things do pop up as a result of non-automated reporting.  A few weeks
ago there was a spike in ssh probes using a non-standard ssh version naming.
(I forget the exploit name at the moment.)

I did some ad-hoc trending of that as it was of singular interest to me.

Now that you raise the point, what do you use for your trending?

Regards

Bruce

Bruce B. Platt, Ph.D.
ei3 Corporation