Re: [logs] most popular reports...?

From: Bennett Todd (bet@private)
Date: Thu Aug 19 2004 - 12:42:46 PDT

2004-08-19T18:41:41 Tina Bird:
> I may be misrepresenting my esteemed colleague (I'm confident
> marcus will let us >all< know if I've done that ;-), but I think
> his point was that there is no point to starting with the fancy
> interpretive tools if you have >not< just sat there at looked at
> the bloody things with "more."

I'm far less qualified that you to speak for mjr, but while I saw
that in his remarks, I also came away with something else.

Visualization tools can be handy for interactive exploration, but
getting the money's worth out of them requires interactive
exploration. Protracted, labor-intensive interactive exploration.
Manpower is so dear that interactive tools are probably not
something you want to plan on having to use all the time to get the
job done.

Whether mjr said that or I read it in, I can't testify. He gets
credit, blame me:-).

-Bennett