RE: [logs] most popular reports...?

From: Phil Hollows (phil@private)
Date: Fri Aug 20 2004 - 19:24:35 PDT

Well, not exactly.  Zero activity *might* indicate an outage, but an
unexpected drop of, say, a standard deviations from the expected norm (i.e.
a drop to a non-zero rate) could be an indicator of something else, just as
much as a standard deviation higher from the norm.

Also, are you really saying that since it can take you up to a day to find
out that your NIDS are down?  Does anyone else have standards or policies
around monitoring security system availability / functionality?

Thanks,

Phil