RE: [logs] idea: let's scare ourselves...

From: Balazs Scheidler (bazsi@private)
Date: Tue Aug 24 2004 - 02:01:03 PDT

On Mon, 2004-08-23 at 13:49, Moehrke, John (MED, GEMS-IT) wrote:

> [...]

There's something in-between: using the BSD syslog protocol on the top
of TCP, with some slight changes:

* due to the stream nature of TCP, messages are not packet, but line
terminated (UNIX newline or NUL characters are acceptable line
terminators)
* lines are not necessarily limited to 1024 characters

This protocol is used by Cisco PIXes, is implemented by syslog-ng and
some other products as well.

--
Bazsi