Re: [logs] idea: let's scare ourselves...

From: Bennett Todd (bet@private)
Date: Sun Aug 29 2004 - 07:22:28 PDT

2004-08-26T10:46:27 Rainer Gerhards:
> Well... actually I was the one who wrote that spec some time ago. It got
> a lot of good feedback.

I cranked out an exceedingly lightweight demo implementation in
perl, if anybody's interested I should be able to haul that out
of musty storage in a week (I'm on vacation now, it's offline
at home:-). Not suitable for any application role, it wasn't a
competitor for the existing prod implementations, but I do find it
comforting to have as a debugging tool. If I'd had to set up or
debug anything syslog-over-tcp related lately I'd probably have it
out of cold storage already.

-Bennett