[logs] LMon, a simple log monitoring tool

From: Anders Nordby (anders@private)
Date: Wed Dec 29 2004 - 10:56:03 PST

Hi,

Just wanted to mention that I have released version 1.0 of my tool LMon,
a package for near real-time monitoring of logs, sending e-mail
alerts upon known (rule hits) or unknown data (rule misses).

Features:

- Buffer multiple rule hits within a given interval, cap at a given
maximum number of lines, wait for a given interval before sending next
alert.

- Auto-discovery of log rotation.

- Simplicity. LMon can run from the command line without configuration,
or be controlled from a central configuration file with multiple
instances monitoring different log files/sending alerts to different
people. It is very much intended to be simple (Keep It Simple, Stupid).

More information and download link on: http://www.bsdconsulting.no/tools/.
BSD license.

Regards,

--