Re: [logs] To integrate Windows 2003 servers with our central sysloginfrastructure

From: Florin Andrei (florin@private)
Date: Thu Jan 06 2005 - 13:10:49 PST

On Thu, 2005-01-06 at 14:20 -0500, Adrian Grigorof wrote:
> Personally, I
> wouldn't mix the web servers logs with the syslog ones, especially if the
> web log file are large. You can configure some scripts to ftp the web logs
> to the central logging server.

Makes sense. However, that does not allow real-time logging.

For Apache, there are all kinds of modules that allow different types of
logging. I'm pretty sure i've seen a MySQL logging module once. Probably
there are some more.
I would almost expect to find some kind of syslog module for Apache on
the Internet. Or modify an existing custom logging module if there isn't
any syslog module.

Actually... yeah, that's kind of the sort of thing that you would expect
to be solved already - logging from Apache to syslog directly. Hmm?
Especially UDP syslog... it should be trivial.

--
Florin Andrei

http://florin.myip.org/