Re: [logs] Retrieving logs from Windows server

From: Harlan Carvey (keydet89@private)
Date: Mon Jan 24 2005 - 09:34:16 PST

Walter,

>    I am trying to retrieve logs from a Windows
> server
> but could not find any info on the same.
> Any pointers?

I guess my first question is, what are you looking
for?

You could access the drive and copy the .evt files.
You could use psloglist.exe or WMI to retrieve the
entries.  You could install a syslog client and have
the logs sent off of the system to a waiting syslog
server.

Perhaps if you could clarify what you're looking for a
bit, it would help some...

=====