Re: [logs] Retrieving logs from Windows server

From: Walter (walter_100@private)
Date: Mon Jan 24 2005 - 10:08:11 PST

> I guess my first question is, what are you looking
> for?
>
> You could access the drive and copy the .evt files.
> You could use psloglist.exe or WMI to retrieve the
> entries.  You could install a syslog client and have
> the logs sent off of the system to a waiting syslog
> server.
Hello Harlan,
   Thank you for your response. The last option is
exactly what I am looking for.
I have a central Syslog server on my Linux machine and
I wish to send my Windows Server logs to it for
collection. Maybe I missed something, but I didn't see
any option to have Windows Server act as a Syslog
client? Could you point me towards a reference?
Thanks!
Walter