[logs] request for logs of attacks

From: Sujit (skproject23@private)
Date: Fri Feb 04 2005 - 04:30:20 PST

hi,

thank you for your replies to my previous mails.

as you know that currently we are doing an academic project "Intrusion Detection using Server Log Processing" in Red Hat Linux 2.4.18.

as a part of this project, using nmap we have implemented the following attacks using nmap:

1.Port Scanning.
2.OS fingerprinting.
3.Illegal access of passwords.

we are planning to implement two more attacks viz.,

1.Smurf attack.
2.IP Sniffing. (Through Promiscuous mode)

However, we are unaware of the nature of the logs for the above two attacks.

We request you to please give logs or any valuable suggestions regarding how to implement these attacks (with any tools) and obtain the logs for the same.

thanking you in advance.

Sujit.