[logs] Looking for toolkits and products that support RFC3195 -- COOKED

From: Moehrke, John (GE Healthcare) (John.Moehrke@private)
Date: Wed Aug 03 2005 - 10:38:06 PDT

I have tried and mostly failed to find toolkits that support Reliable
SYSLOG -- COOKED mode. I would also be interested in any servers that
support this profile. I would presume that the rest of the members of
this listserv would not like to see the resulting marketing spam that I
am asking for, so please send it direct to me.

mailto:john.moehrke@private

What is the general feel for Reliable SYSLOG--COOKED mode? Is it an over
engineered solution that will not ever be successful? It seems that RAW
has some success.

John

John Moehrke
Enterprise Security Architect
GE Healthcare
T 262 293 1667
W126 N7449 Flint Road, Suite 200, Menomonee Falls, WI 53051
John.Moehrke@private <mailto:John.Moehrke@private>
www.gehealthcare.com <http://www.gehealthcare.com/>
What I may see or hear in the course of the treatment or even outside of
the treatment in regard to the life of men, which on no account one must
spread abroad, I will keep to myself, holding such things shameful to be
spoken about.  (One Portion of the Hippocratic Oath - Hippocrates, circa
400 B.C.)