[logs] Re: Syslog Alert Strings----Web Site References or Resources?

From: Daniel Cid (danielcid@private)
Date: Wed Feb 22 2006 - 10:22:19 PST

Hi Greg,

You can try to ossec hids rules. We have signatures
for a lot of attack patterns in the logs (using both
atomic and correlated data).

Just download:
http://www.ossec.net/hids/files/ossec-hids-0.6-1.tar.gz

untar it:
tar -zxvf ossec-hids-0.6-1.tar.gz

And look inside ossec-hids-0.6/etc/rules/

You will see a lot of stuff in there :) The rules are
in XML and should be easy to understand. Any problems,
just let me know.

Hope it helps.

--
Daniel B. Cid, CISSP