[logs] Does swatch throttling currently work?

From: Kelly Brown (kbbrown@private)
Date: Thu Mar 23 2006 - 12:29:44 PST

Hello all:

I'm trying to set up some swatch alerts that use throttling.  I can
not get it to work.

perlcode my $sa_regex = 'smtp1\.corp.* Service unavailable';
watchfor /$sa_regex/
         echo
         throttle 0:10:00,use=$sa_regex

I've also tried this:  throttle threshold=5:120,repeat=no

It also does not work.  I get an alert for every message.

I've read in various places that Throttle.pm is broken and in other
places that it was fixed.  I'm running 3.1.1-2 from a debian package.

Does anybody know if this thing is supposed to work?  I don't want to
keep banging my head on it if it's known not to work.

Thx
-K