[logs] Re: Data mining

From: Desai, Ashish (Ashish.Desai@private)
Date: Mon Jun 19 2006 - 13:19:20 PDT

Hi Devdas,
	I know this is completely off the topic, but have you considered
having
someone like Postini to handle first level inbound email. You basically
change your MX
to them and restrict your inbound SMTP connections to their server.
We used to run PerlMX engine/filter from Activestate but finally moved
to Postini
as they had a nice self user managed quarantine system.
This turns out to be cheaper to deal with than dealing with
the headache of managing the feedback loop.
Our biggest concern was someone losing a business critical email. The
Postini
solution required the user to review the quarantine queue which solved
the problem.

Ashish Desai
Fidelity Investments