[logs] on database logging

From: Anton Chuvakin (anton@private)
Date: Tue Mar 13 2007 - 20:52:50 PST

All,

Wow, I haven't seen any traffic on the list for a while. What's the
story? Does logging still matter (it does!)?

So,  just to restart things up :-) - do the esteemed members of the
list care about database logging at all? Oracle, MS SQL, MySQL, that
sort of thing?

Database logging is rarely discussed whenever logging is mentioned.
Recently, I wrote this paper about db logging
(http://chuvakin.blogspot.com/2007/03/on-database-logging-and-auditing-teaser.html),
and I was actually pretty surprised when people started asking about
it.

What's the story? Is database logging hot or not? :-)

Best,
--
Anton Chuvakin, Ph.D., GCIA, GCIH, GCFA
      http://www.chuvakin.org