long username (more than 8 chars)

From: allen@private
Date: Wed Nov 13 2002 - 03:28:59 PST

I have just migrated our our server to Owl. In our previous server,
there's a user that insisted on having an account name beyond 8 chars
long. I went OK. With Owl now, I can't force it to accept a username of 9
chars long.

The main problem would then be the e-mails of this user. The initial
solution I'm thinking is to create an account 8 chars long and make an
alias. But I would prefer if Owl will allow me to create account names
more than 8 chars long. Is this possible?

TIA.

Allen S. Dahili
Department of Physics
MSU-Iligan Institute of Technology