Re: [owl-users] Installing without a boot device?

From: Kevembuangga (jld@club-internet.fr)
Date: Fri Aug 17 2007 - 06:49:17 PDT

On Fri, 17 Aug 2007 17:35:17 +0400
gremlin@private wrote:

> Hmmm... Is the BIOS on your MB capable of booting from USB?

That's not the kind of hack I have in mind, I rather plan to mount the CD image on a loop device, find out the install scripts and hack them to run the install from the mounted image into a free partition.

> Or, as another option: can you attach your HDD to another machine?

I could, but I had nasty surprises doing that with a Knoppix DVD.
It took quite a bit of work to fix the misconfigured devices and modules from the installation machine when the disk was moved to the running machine.

JLD