Re: [PEN-TEST] SELinux

From: Daniel Swan (swan_daniel@MY-DEJA.COM)
Date: Sun Apr 22 2001 - 13:49:43 PDT

    >From: Catalin Ionescu <cataat_private>

    >Did anybody had a chance to test SELinux patches/extension to standard Linux
    >2.4.2 ?

    Catalin, I havn't heard anything specifically bad about SeLinux, but considering the source of this package, an American Intelligence Agency, strong caution should be exercised before installing it on machines that store sensitive or proprietary information, at least until a rigorous code audit has been done of it.

    The NSA isn't interested in the security of others, so much as it is their *insecurity*.  Using security tools written by them is like hiring babysitters from Nambla[1].

    That's my $.25 (CDN).

    Best regards,
    Dan.

    [1] North American Man-Boy Love Assocation.  Not a good source for babysitters.

    --== Sent via Deja.com ==--
    http://www.deja.com/