Re: [PEN-TEST] infrared question

From: Lawrence W. Smith (lwsat_private)
Date: Fri Apr 20 2001 - 11:03:23 PDT

    The big big flaw with all the talk on the palm / psion
    front is the assumption that data isn't encrypted.
    Anyone half-sensible does that already with sensitive data.
    There are plenty of strong encryption tools out there see
    gnu keyring or secure memo by certicom for good examples.

    What is missing is a decent authentication scheme / sec
    comms, one thing I thought of was given both palm and psion
    have a tcpip stack and have ssh clients (excepting the palm VII)
    tunneling could be a solution (if normal IR comms can be securely
    restricted.)

    Has anyone tried this ?