Re: [PEN-TEST] Wireless (In)Security

From: Andrew Thomas (andrewat_private)
Date: Mon Apr 23 2001 - 03:52:14 PDT

    Hi,

    As I do not have access to any 802.11 networks, I would like to know
    if anyone has some captured WEP encrypted traffic (preferably tcpdump
    format) that they could send me to play with in my lab. It would be
    preferable if this traffic included either forced generation of e.g.
    echo packets on encrypted/non-encrypted mixed wireless LAN, including
    the source packet, or several packets with the same IV for the RC4
    stream.

    Take care,
      Andrew
    -
    Andrew Thomas
    office: +27 21 4889820
    facsimile: +27 21 4889830
    mobile: +27 82 7850166
     "One trend that bothers me is the glorification of
    stupidity, that the media is reassuring people it's
    alright not to know anything. That to me is far more
    dangerous than a little pornography on the Internet."
      - Carl Sagan