[PEN-TEST] wireless LAN traffic sniffing

From: Jacob Ansari (JAnsariat_private)
Date: Fri Apr 27 2001 - 19:26:14 PDT

         Hi everyone,

         Maybe I'm really missing something, but I can't seem to get my 3com
    AirConnect wlan pcmcia card to operate in promiscuous mode.  This is on w2k
    pro and winnt4 (sp6a).  Couldn't get the Linksys WPC11 card to work in
    promiscuous mode either.  Still trying to get either card to behave in
    openbsd, so no definitive answer on that either (clues in this area would
    be appreciated as well; mail me off-list...).  In all cases, I'm trying to
    connect to a 3com access point box which connects back to my LAN.  Any
    ideas would be appreciated.

         Thanks very much,

         Jacob

    Jacob A. Ansari, CISSP