Re: [PEN-TEST] MAC Vulnerability Scanner

From: James W. Abendschan (jwaat_private)
Date: Fri Apr 27 2001 - 18:09:46 PDT

    On Mon, 23 Apr 2001, Kimberly Novobilsky wrote:

    > Does anyone know of a good freeware or commercial product that will scan
    > Mac's for vulnerabilities?

    back in '97 I wrote a perl script that would probe port 548/tcp
    (AppleShare file sharing over TCP, similar to NFS and SMB) to
    see if the "guest" user could connect.  If there's interest, I'll
    dig it up.  (It wouldn't be hard to add this functionality to Nessus..)

    There's a list of commonly used ports for MacOS applications here:

      http://www2.opendoor.com/doorstop/ports.html

    James