RE: [PEN-TEST] Detecting the presence of a firewall

From: railwayclubposseat_private
Date: Tue May 15 2001 - 19:52:09 PDT

    I agree, I have not noticed this in the one-to-one NAT scenario you have.
    In the situations I am talking about, the most obvious difference is the
    source port of packets coming from protected hosts is changed. Each host
    sharing an address seems to get a different source port.
    Of course this is not specific to checkpoint.

    Im sorry I don't have the article you request, I don't have access to checkpoint
    support. I doubt they have useful information on this subject anyway. More
    useful is this nmap fingerprint which works for me a good deal of the time.
    It's included in recent versions of nmap:

    # Contributed by william.froggeat_private
    Fingerprint NT Server 4.0 SP4-SP5 running Checkpoint Firewall-1
    TSeq(Class=TD%gcd=<8%SI=<154)
    T1(DF=Y%W=2017%ACK=S++%Flags=AS%Ops=M)
    T2(Resp=N)
    T3(Resp=Y%DF=Y%W=2017%ACK=S++%Flags=AS%Ops=M)
    T4(Resp=N)
    T5(DF=N%W=0%ACK=S++%Flags=AR%Ops=)
    T6(Resp=N)
    T7(Resp=N)
    PU(DF=N%TOS=0%IPLEN=38%RIPTL=148%RID=E%RIPCK=E%UCK=F%ULEN=134%DAT=E)

    Free, encrypted, secure Web-based email at www.hushmail.com

    IMPORTANT NOTICE:  If you are not using HushMail, this message could have been read easily by the many people who have access to your open personal email messages.