Sgdynamo.exe Script -- Path Disclosure

From: Ruso, Anthony (arusoat_private)
Date: Wed May 16 2001 - 08:55:32 PDT

    I contacted Microsoft and they had no idea.

    Either way:

    Sgdynamo.exe is a script that sits in your cgi-bin/scripts directory.

    It expects a HTNAME identifier like so
    http://www.yourcompany.com/cgi-bin/sgdynamo.exe?HTNAME=default.htm
    Surprisingly enough if you throw it a bogus HTNAME identifier is discloses a
    path to "I don't know where" but it's enough to tell you if it's a Microsoft
    OS or Not.
    http://www.yourcompany.com/cgi-bin/sgdynamo.exe?HTNAME=bogus.htm
    Has anyone heard of this?
    To test it out click below and take your pick.
    http://www.google.com/search?q=sgdynamo.exe&btnG=Google+Search
    I've searched previous post for the file and didn't find anything at all.
    Any leads would be great !
    Later
    Anthony Ruso