TCP/IP test tools

From: Sean Knox (Sknoxat_private)
Date: Wed May 16 2001 - 20:04:19 PDT

    Hello all,

    	I work in the Quality Assurance dept. of my company, and currently
    I'm evaluating the TCP/IP implementation of a network device we manufacture.
    Currently, we use the ISIC suite of tools (isic, tcpsic, esic, etc), SING,
    nmap, hping, and apsend for various hostility testing against our stack.
    I've looked through the DoS archive at packetstorm, and I try any and every
    exploit I come across to see our box's reaction. I'd like to get a general
    consensus from the security community about any tools I should try, or
    methods I to try to break/exploit the box. The box has telnet, tftp, ntp,
    and snmp and runs a proprietary firmware.

    Thanks!

    Sean Knox
    sknoxat_private