DELIVERY FAILURE: User Jeffory.Atkinson (Jeffory.Atkinsonat_private) not listed in public Name & Address Book

From: Postmasterat_private
Date: Fri May 18 2001 - 12:30:08 PDT

    Your message

      Subject: Re: word lists

    was not delivered to:

      Jeffory.Atkinsonat_private

    because:

      User Jeffory.Atkinson (Jeffory.Atkinsonat_private) not listed in public Name & Address Book

    attached mail follows:

    On Thu, 17 May 2001, The Picard wrote: > Does anyone know where word lists containing commands can be found? Let me > explain: during a pen-test I found a network device that has a telnet > server. However, the prompt doesn't tell what it is/does nor does it appear > to be an IOS-style box. More likely an embedded device. The password was > trivial, however, there is little I can do with it because most commands I > typed give an error back. I wrote a perl script that takes commands from a > file and fed them one by one to the device through telnet, saving those that > do not lead to an error to a separate file for later examination. Currently > (the brute-force is still going on) I'm using 15M wordlist initially > designed for password cracking. fwiw, I've done a similar thing with a smaller dictionary: /usr/dict/words, words from Phrack issues, and the telecom digest archives ( http://massis.lcs.mit.edu/telecom-archives/archives/glossaries/ ). I also added a list of single non-word characters (!, @, #, etc) and every combination of A-Z up from 1 to 4 bytes in length. Took a while (this was over 2400 baud dialup), but it was fruitful. James