RE: PIX and ttl

From: Jason Lewis (jlewisat_private)
Date: Thu May 24 2001 - 16:46:39 PDT

    You are making sense and I have seen the same thing.  NMAP can't identify
    the servers behind the PIX.  That's a good thing.

    I am not sure how you identify the PIX. How do you fingerprint servers when
    you don't know what the servers are or if they are behind a PIX?

    Jason Lewis
    http://www.packetnexus.com
    http://www.packetnexus.com/kb/greyarts/
    It's not secure "Because they told me it was secure". The people at the
    other end of the link know less about security than you do. And that's
    scary.