re: IDS and Unicode

From: Blurred Vision (blurred_visi0nat_private)
Date: Mon May 28 2001 - 18:36:33 PDT

    Parth,
       I think you will find that IIS doesn't log the
    unicode values, as they are translated into plain
    ascii  before being processed (and then logged)

    The IIS logfile for the  /..%c0%af../ original unicode
    is logged as /../../

    I think the same would go for cmd.exe in the log file.
     Checking for unicode variants would only work if you
    were performing on the wire monitoring.  (Which is
    ineffective on an SSL site anyway...

    Blurred

    http://messenger.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Messenger
    - Voice chat, mail alerts, stock quotes and favourite news and lots more!