RE: How secure are dongles for copy-protection?

From: Jonah Kowall (jkowallat_private)
Date: Mon Jun 04 2001 - 19:01:43 PDT

    Although they are quite secure, many hackers can easily make dongle
    emulators for various packages (or crack out the dongle checks
    themselves).  Some skill is required, but many crackers acqure the
    development kit, which allows the debugging and reverse engineer of any
    commercially availible dongle package.