Re: Blind IP spoofing portscan tool?

From: matheny (matheny-pentestat_private)
Date: Wed Jun 13 2001 - 21:54:21 PDT

    Are you thinking of passive network mapping? That's the
    closest thing I can think of to what you're talking
    about. This manner of portscanning/network mapping requires
    that you either already have access to a machine on the same
    subnet as the machine you want to map (so you can sniff ISN
    info) or the spoofed target has poor ISN generation
    capabilities (NT, default solaris, 9x, etc). This method
    of 'anonymous' port mapping has been around for some time,
    standard technical dificulties associated with IP spoofing
    still apply to this method however.
    -Blake

    Whatchu talkin' 'bout, Willis?