Blind IP spoofing portscan tool?

From: Curt Wilson (netw3at_private)
Date: Wed Jun 13 2001 - 14:04:49 PDT

    In the mailing for the Black Hat briefings, there is
    mention of a "blind IP spoofing portscan tool" or
    something along those lines. I'm curious about this
    tool, what is it's name and what is the mechanism by
    which it works? I'd guess that it's something involving
    other elements of the IP stack or some tool that uses
    a 3rd party system to check IP ID's, sequence
    numbers, ICMP responses or something along those
    lines.

    I'd be interested to know more information, please
    share if you have this knowledge.

    PS - I'm moving to Chicago soon and looking for a
    good security job, anyone got any leads?

    Curt Wilson
    netw3at_private