RE: How to become a professional penetration tester?

From: Jim Utkin (utkinat_private)
Date: Thu Jun 14 2001 - 20:36:48 PDT

    Keep in mind penetration testing is just a small component in the
    process of Information Security, if you're interested in a career as a
    security professional, learn policies, system administration, network
    administration, architecture design, just to name a few. No one can
    claim to be a good penetration tester without being good at least 3 or 4
    other categories if not all of them.

    Being a security professional IMHO is the hardest specialty in
    Information Technology, you have to be good in almost every aspect of
    IT, but an expert at none.

    Jim