Re: Voice over IP

From: Andreas Östling (andreasoat_private)
Date: Fri Jun 15 2001 - 00:29:15 PDT

    On Thursday 14 June 2001 17:47,  Young, Brandon wrote:
    > A couple of colleagues and I are working on a security audit for a
    > VOIP system. Anyone know of any exploits and vulnerabilities that may
    > exist with Cisco's call manager?

    You may want to check out a tool by Niels Provos called "vomit" - voice over
    misconfigured internet telephones.
    It's available from http://www.monkey.org/~provos/vomit/

    "The vomit utility converts a Cisco IP phone conversation into a wave file
    that can be played with ordinary sound players. The phone conversation can
    either be played directly from the network or from a tcpdump output file.
    Vomit is also capable of inserting wavefiles into ongoing telephone
    conversations. Vomit can be used as a network debugging tool, a speaker
    phone, etc ..."

    Have not tried it myself, yet.

    Regards,
    Andreas Östling