Re: iXsecurity.tool.briiis.3.02

From: Alex Butcher (alexat_private)
Date: Fri Jun 15 2001 - 04:09:22 PDT

    ian.vitekat_private wrote:

    > iXsecurity Security Tool Release
    > briiis.pl v3.02
    > ================
    >
    > Tool Description
    > - - ------------
    > Briiis is a tool for testing web servers for "/" encoding
    > break out from web root vulnerability from an executable
    > directory.
    > E.g. IIS Unicode and double encoding vulnerabilities.

    It's also worth remembering that Exchange uses IIS to provide Outlook
    Web Access and that this (always?) makes the /exchange path a script
    directory. It would appear that these hosts often get overlooked when
    the patch monkey is instructed to hotfix "all our IIS servers" :)

    Kudos to the author of the IIS unicode plugin in Nessus for pointing
    this out to me. :)

    Best Regards,
    Alex.
    --
    Alex Butcher                                      PGP/GnuPG Key IDs:
    Consultant, S3 Systems Security Services          alex@s3       B7709088