RE: Linksys Pen Test

From: Mark Curphey (markat_private)
Date: Tue Jun 19 2001 - 18:45:19 PDT

    Out if the box they have a web interface enabled on 192.168.1.1 (obviously
    limited use from the net) to allow remote administration. It uses basic HTTP
    authentication with a default username and password that is in the user
    manual (page 17). Leave the username blank and admin for the password. If
    that's been changed but the web admin interface is still open, a simple perl
    script using libwww, elza or even www.hoobie.net might be useful to brute
    force if they have changed the pw.