RE: Linksys Pen Test

From: NetW3.COM Consulting (netw3at_private)
Date: Tue Jun 19 2001 - 23:22:42 PDT

    Which model of Linksys are you working with and what type of netowrk
    environment? One of my clients uses a Linksys DSL router, and the
    default authentication is admin/admin unless changed manually. This is a
    model BEFRsomething (can't remember the number off the top of my head).

    I've not tried to pen test the device, but I imagine if you could get
    to the internal network you could open up a web browser admin session
    to the device (found by traceroute to the outside, of course, or
    on the default address 192.168.1.1 as you said).

    Curt Wilson