RE: Linksys Pen Test

From: auto241065at_private
Date: Wed Jun 20 2001 - 12:06:02 PDT

    Older firmware versions did not differentiate between TCP and UDP for filters
    and forwarding.
    So they could have intentionally opened a TCP service they felt was OK to
    be exposed, but the UDP port had a vulnerable service running. Or vice versa.
    I know, not very likely, but possible.

    Also, I believe older versions would source-port forward UDP 53 traffic.
    Free, encrypted, secure Web-based email at www.hushmail.com

    IMPORTANT NOTICE:  If you are not using HushMail, this message could have been read easily by the many people who have access to your open personal email messages.