Re: What is your policy on customers particapating in a pen test?

From: Meritt James (meritt_jamesat_private)
Date: Thu Jun 21 2001 - 12:51:04 PDT

    Not a friendly way to come across.  There is also a possibility of
    being contracted to do the test on outsourced services to ensure the
    security of the service, and that is no way  what you said.

    Now, the folks providing the service didn't think highly of it, but

    oh well.......

    V/R

    Jim

    Gary Warner wrote:

    [snip]

    >   Face it.  Our profession pits our skills as
    > violators against their skills as defenders.  That's why it is so critical to help
    > them understand that this is A PART of a much larger project.

    [snip]

    --
    James W. Meritt, CISSP, CISA
    Booz, Allen & Hamilton