Re: pen testing iis 5

From: Reverend Lola (reverend_lolaat_private)
Date: Thu Jun 21 2001 - 16:12:47 PDT

    [mailto:evabluntedat_private]
    > Sent: Monday, June 18, 2001 2:31 AM
    > To: Penetration Testing (E-mail)
    > Subject: pen testing iis 5
    >

    > Greetings.
    > I am pen-testing IIS 5 [no hotfixes] running in
    WinNT 4.0
    > with no fixes.  At
    > this point I want to upload a file to the box
    [nc.exe] and then I will
    > definately have the box.  How can I go about doing
    this?

    There are several ways you can do this.  One trick
    I've used on pen-tests before:

    Put nc.exe on an FTP server somewhere.  Use the old
    Unicode vulnerability to run DOS commands on the
    target IIS box, and create a text file containing an
    FTP script (the script should make the server connect
    to the FTP server and download nc.exe).  Then get IIS
    to run the FTP script, and you're done.

    Hope this helps,

    Reverend Lola
    The Titanium Sheep