Re: Nortel Security

From: banneditat_private
Date: Sat Jun 30 2001 - 01:15:25 PDT

    > I've been asked to review the security of our
    Nor-tel
    > Meridian PBX. I've searched Google & Yahoo and
    can't
    > find to much to aid me in this. Can anyone point
    me to
    > some good information on key things to
    audit/test?
    > Thanks in advance.
    >
    > Thad

    You may want to check passcode/PIN length anything
    below 8 number is fairly bad. Also key
    combinations migh be an interesting thing to check
    to see if there is a default method of bypassing
    the passcode/PIN. Also social engineering may help
    but that all depends on how you implement your
    attack and if the employer will allow this.

    --banned-it

    This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA) Service
    For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which automatically alerts you to
    the latest security vulnerabilities please see:

    https://alerts.securityfocus.com/