Oracle8i

From: INA (V. Brahmanandam) (BrahmanandamVat_private)
Date: Sun Jul 01 2001 - 22:16:39 PDT

    Hi all,

    Has any one in this group had a chance to pen-test Oracle 8i running on  Net
    8 network.

    I am required to undertake a review of Oracle database and Net 8 security.
    While I have had  occasions  to review Oracle database security earlier,
    this is the first time I am venturing on to Net 8 security review.

    I am particularly looking for the following information:

    *	Risks specific to Oracle with Net8
    *	Does NET8 run its own network services; if so, how to identify them
    *	How to identify ports managed by Net8, if any
    *	Are there any automated tools, which I can use to review NET8
    security (shareware/freeware or any tools supplied as part of NET8 )

    I have partially gone through the Oracle documentation with no luck for the
    above information so far. I would appreciate any help in this regard.

    Regards.

    Brahma

    This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA) Service
    For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which automatically alerts you to
    the latest security vulnerabilities please see:

    https://alerts.securityfocus.com/