IIS 3.0 pen-test

From: Alex Balayan (alex.balayanat_private)
Date: Wed Jul 04 2001 - 06:58:44 PDT

    Hi all,

    I am conducting a penetration test for one of our clients and some of the
    webservers they are running are IIS 3.0.

    Well besides the rest of the vulnerabilites with MS IIS 3.0, I tested the
    servers for Unicode and it seemed they were vulnerable. ( I check using a
    perl script that I found on Packetstorm) it discovered that the servers were
    vulnerable to various forms of the unicode vulnerability.

    Ok, now to the meat of it. I opened my browser and attempted a directory
    listing using the scripts directory (which I know existed). I got an error
    saying "HTTP/1.0 403 Access Forbidden (Execute Access Denied -This Virtual
    Directory does not allow objects to be executed.)"

    I'm guessing that execution of commands is not allowed on that directory.

    I also tried with the msadc directory (which I know existed), but with the
    same result as above.

    Does anyone have any ideas on this one? I basically want to knwo if it's
    possible to use the uni code vulnerbaility to execute commands remotely.

    Thanks in advance.

    This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA) Service
    For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which automatically alerts you to
    the latest security vulnerabilities please see:

    https://alerts.securityfocus.com/