Re: IIS 3.0 pen-test

From: Parth Galen (Parth_Galenat_private)
Date: Thu Jul 05 2001 - 12:40:09 PDT

    As I understand it (and I am open to correction or clarification), the \scripts folder is like the current directory and where you are getting the execute right even though you are executing cmd.exe in another folder.  Unless you can find another folder with execute rights and that can traversial back to %systemroot%, you are out of luck.

    Below are the folders with execute rights in IIS 4, but I do not know how well this matches to IIS 3.

    /W3SVC/ROOT/msadc (to physical mapping) c:\program files\common\system\msadc

    /W3SVC/ROOT/News (to physical mapping) c:\inetpub\news

    /W3SVC/ROOT/Mail (to physical mapping) c:\inetpub\mail

    /W3SVC/ROOT/cgi-bin (to physical mapping) c:\inetpub\wwwroot\cgi-bin

    /W3SVC/ROOT/SCRIPTS (to physical mapping) c:\inetpub\scripts

    /W3SVC/ROOT/IISADMPWD (to physical mapping) c:\winnt\system32\inetsrv\iisadmpwd

    /W3SVC/ROOT/_vti_bin (to physical mapping) Installed with FrontPage Extensions

    /W3SVC/ROOT/_vti_bin/_vti_adm (to physical mapping)

    /W3SVC/ROOT/_vti_bin/_vti_aut (to physical mapping)

    Good luck!

    Parth

    Never ascribe to malice that which can be explained by incompetence.  -- Napoleon