Re: win2000

From: H D Moore (hdmat_private)
Date: Thu Jul 05 2001 - 12:14:05 PDT

    What about using your 2000 box as a NAT router for the VPN network?  I think
    2000 has this capability built in, otherwise you can pick up a WinRoute type
    aplication and try that. If you get really desperate, install a SOCKS proxy
    server, then grab the socks unix package from www.socks.nec.com, and finally
    do a runsocks nessusd on your linux machine after setting the appropriate
    variables.  You then need to force nessus to only use tcp connect() calls (as
    well the portscanner plugins, use nmap with -sT). That might allow you to
    perform about half of the nessus checks.  Another option could be running
    VMWare on the 2000 machine and creating a Linux/BSD Virtual Machine.  I have
    no idea how the network/routing works under Windows VMWare, but under Linux
    you can transparently NAT the VM's.  Good luck, I am interested in hearing if
    any of the above methods work.

    -HD

    On Wednesday 04 July 2001 01:43 am, walter valenti wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm doing a pen test on a network via VPN with CheckPoint SecureClient.
    >
    > I can't use a Linux box, why the customer not provides us the client for
    > linux but only for win98,NT,2000.
    >
    > I use 2000, why using NT the nmap(nt) don't work on a VPN.
    >
    > => I'v got two problem: find a good and efficient tool for 2000 like
    > NESSUS;
    > built the raw socket on 2000 (the Net::RawIP of Perl is only for *nix),
    > there is some library in C?

    This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA) Service
    For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which automatically alerts you to
    the latest security vulnerabilities please see:

    https://alerts.securityfocus.com/